The Southeastern Youth Fair (SEYF) is the premier event for 4-H and FFA students in Marion County Florida. The SEYF is a not-for-profit ALL-YOUTH Fair held in February of each year. Responsibility, marketing, communication, and record keeping are just a few of the life skills acquired by the exhibitors of the Fair. Funding for the Southeastern Youth Fair comes from the enormous generosity of local citizens, corporations and organizations. For more information about becoming a sponsor please visit our Sponsors page.
Auctions & Sales
The purpose of the market lamb, steer, and swine projects is both educational and financial. These projects provide a “hands on” approach to teaching life skills such as: responsibility, daily management, record keeping, and marketing not only their animal, but also themselves. Any individual, business, community club, or group can bid at the auctions by registering at the bidder registration tables prior to or during the sale. Pre-registration is also available by calling the Fair Office. Bidders will receive a number to use when bidding. When you become the buyer, one of our Ambassadors will bring you a Buyer’s Agreement form to fill out and sign. ALL BIDDERS/BUYERS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN A “LIABILITY WAVIER FORM” PRIOR TO THE PURCHASE OF AN ANIMAL. NIGHT OF SALE PAYMENT IS REQUESTED UNLESS ADVANCED BILLING ARRANGEMENTS ARE MAKE WITH THE FAIR OFFICE. All animals are sold to the highest bidder. The winning bid has the option to resale or process. The resale price will be announced at the beginning of the sale. If the choice is to resale, the winning bidder pays the bid amount less the resale price. Should the winning bidder choose custom processing, the buyer pays the total amount of the bid. All transportation and processing fees are the responsibility of the buyer. The Southeastern Youth Fair is a Not-For-Profit organization and all contributions above the resale price are tax deductible. If you cannot attend the auction, but wish to purchase an animal, you may appoint someone to bid for you, or call the Fair Office at 352-629-1255 for assistance or pre-registration.
- We are the oldest all-Youth Fair in the country that continues to operate without a midway.
- We are the largest all Youth Fair event in the State of Florida.
- We are proud of the fact that many of our donations are returned to the exhibitors as scholarships and awards.
- Our Steer Show, the foundation of our Fair, began in 1941.
- The Youth Fair, as we know it today, officially began in 1978.
- 1978 was also the start of our Beef Heifer, Dog Obedience, Dairy & Meat Goat, Garden, Home Arts, Horse, Kitchen, Poultry, Rabbit, and Swine Show, our largest animal show.
- In 2004 we showcased our first Dog Agility Show.
- We have over 200 volunteers, whose time is valued at over $50,000, that provide almost 4,000 hours to our program.
- We are able to provide this event because of the dedicated efforts of our volunteers, and the generous donations of local businesses and individuals in our community.
To recognize the outstanding youth of Marion County through the Southeastern Youth Fair as a showcase for competition, exhibition, enhanced educational opportunities, and the promotion of self esteem, and personal growth and development while aiding in the education of the Citizens of Marion County regarding the importance of agriculture and related industries in our area.